Cookies on the DFA website

We use cookies to give the best experience on our site while also complying with Data Protection requirements. Continue without changing your settings, and you'll receive cookies, or change your cookie settings at any time.

Do I need to submit my current passport with my application form?

If you are an adult renewing your passport you may be able to apply online without sending documentation. If you are submitting a paper application and your passport is due to expire within the next year (365 days) and you want to renew it now, you can submit a photocopy instead of your passport. Don't try to travel on an expired passport.

What validity do I need on my passport to travel overseas?