The Embassy of Ireland in Uganda is open Monday to Thursday from 10:00am - 12:00pm and 2:00pm to 4:00pm. Fridays the Embassy is open from 10:00am - 12:00pm.
Contact us immediately if you need emergency assistance from the Embassy. Our telephone number is: (+256) 417 713000. If you require assistance outside of normal working hours please leave a message on the Duty Officer Voice Mailbox. This mailbox will be monitored regularly. Alternatively, you may contact the Duty Officer at the Department of Foreign Affairs in Dublin at + 353 1 408 2000.
Please note that the Duty Officer will only deal with genuine consular emergencies.
The Embassy can assist in emergency situations, including where:
- You have been the victim of a crime
- You require urgent medical treatment
- Your passport is lost/stolen (you should contact the Embassy immediately if you need a replacement urgently in order to travel)
- You have been arrested or imprisoned
- You require assistance in connection with a death abroad
- You need help accessing funds
- You need to be repatriated to Ireland
- There is a natural disaster/crisis
Registration with the Embassy
Irish citizens travelling to or resident in Uganda are advised to register with the Embassy. The Embassy of Ireland in Kampala also covers Rwanda. Ireland does not currently have any representation in Rwanda. Passport applications, visa applications and general consular queries from Irish citizens should be addressed to the Embassy of Ireland in Kampala.