Temporary Development Assistance Officer
News22 March 2016
This competition is now closed.
The Permanent Representation of Ireland to the OECD and UNESCO in Paris is seeking to recruit a Temporary Development Assistance Officer. The position is locally recruited. The Temporary Development Assistance Officer will engage on behalf of Ireland in development policy matters at the OECD and UNESCO, including on the Development Assistance Committee and at the Development Centre of the OECD and in other fora.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and experienced, have excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrate an ability to deliver in a highly pressurised working environment. Applicants must be available to take up the post immediately.
- A relevant third level qualification
- A minimum 2 years work experience and proven record in development matters and policy
- Detailed knowledge of current trends in the area of development assistance
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and organisational skills.
- Fully fluent English, written and spoken
- Applicants should submit electronically in English:
- a CV of not more than 2 pages (including two referees)
- a motivational letter setting out interest in and suitability for the position (max 1 page)
Material submitted which exceeds the specifications above will not be taken into account.
Applications marked "Temporary Development Assistance Officer" should be sent to the Permanent Representation of Ireland to the OECD and UNESCO by email: permrepparis[at]dfa[dot]ie
A shortlist of candidates will be called for competitive interview shortly. There is no entitlement to established status in the Irish Civil Service. The Permanent Representation of Ireland to the OECD and UNESCO is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. Canvassing will disqualify.