- Embassy Team
- Embassy Closure Dates
- Embassy Opening Hours
- Ambassador: Mr Adrian O'Neill
- Deputy Head of Mission & Political Affairs Counsellor Mr Gerald Angley
- Counsellor (Economic & Trade Affairs): Mr Paraig Hennessy
- Counsellor (Brexit): Ms Nicole Mannion
- Counsellor ( UK Foreign Policy): Mr. Cyril Brennan
- First Secretary (Customs & Revenue): Mr Terry O'Sullivan
- First Secretary (Irish Community & Cultural): Mr Ruaidhri Dowling
- First Secretary (Agriculture): Mr Damien Flynn
- First Secretary (Brexit): Ms. Rosie Keane
- First Secretary (Press & Information): Ms Fionnuala Callanan
- First Secretary (Consular & Corporate Services): Mr. John O'Sullivan
- Third Secretary (Political Affairs): Ms Séadhna MacHugh
- Third Secretary (Political Affairs): Ms Sophie Jacobs
- Third Secretary (Press and Information): Ms Alanna Maxwell
- Third Secretary (Irish Community & Cultural): Ms Rachel Ingersoll
- Attaché (Economic & Trade Affairs): Ms Deirdre Curley
- Attaché (Passport Services): Ms. Rose Gaughan
- Attaché (Visa Services): Ms Ciara Kellegher
- Attaché (Consular Services): Mr John Frier
- Attaché (Administration): Ms Celine Byrne
The Embassy and the Passport and Visa Office are located in different places.
Directions to the Embassy
17 Grosvenor Place, London SW1X 7HR.
Phone: +44 20 72352171
Fax: +44 20 7589 8450
The Embassy address is 17 Grosvenor Place in Westminster and is located at the corner of Grosvenor Place and Chapel Street (the entrance is actually on Chapel Street).
The nearest tube station is Hyde Park Corner on the Piccadilly line (4 minutes walk). This line also serves Heathrow Airport. The next nearest tube station is Victoria on the District, Circle and Victoria Lines (6 minutes walk). Victoria is also a mainline railway station that serves the south and south east of England, as well as Gatwick Airport.
Directions to the Passport and Visa Office
114a Cromwell Road (Ground Floor) London SW7 4ES.
Phone: +44 20 7373 4339
Fax: +44 207 3734589
Phone: +44 0906 6610197 (Premium Rate Number. Calls Cost £1.50 per min. This number is not available to residents of Ireland or Northern Ireland)
The new office is directly opposite the Holiday Inn Hotel on Cromwell Road, approximately 200-300m from Gloucester Road Tube Station (Circle, District and Piccadilly lines). The office is also served by the No. 74 bus route.
Directions from Gloucester Road Tube Station (2 minute walk): Turn left on leaving the station and turn left again onto Cromwell Road at the junction with Gloucester Road. The Passport and Visa Office is located on the opposite side of the road, approximately 200m from this junction.
The Embassy of Ireland in London will be closed on the following days:
Public Holiday Closures in 2018
- St. Patrick's Day Bank Holiday* : 19 March 2018
- Good Friday : 30 March 2018
- Easter Monday : 2 April 2018
- Early May Bank Holiday : 7 May 2018
- Spring Bank Holiday : 28 May 2018
- Summer Bank Holiday : 27 August 2018
- Christmas Day : 25 December 2018
- St. Stephen's Day: 26 December 2018
* Passport and Visa Office ONLY
Please note that if you require urgent assistance while the Embassy is closed, contact the main Embassy number, 0207 235 2171, and leave a message on the Duty Officer mailbox. This mailbox will be monitored regularly.
Embassy Opening hours
Embassy: Monday – Friday 9:30am to 12:30pm and 2:30pm to 4:30pm
Passport Office: Monday – Friday 9:30am to 4:30pm
Visa Office: Public hours for submitting applications are Monday – Friday 9:30am to 12:00pm
Out of hours Emergency Contact Details
Please note that if you require assistance in the case of emergency while the Embassy is closed, contact the main Embassy number, 0207 235 2171, and leave a message on the Duty Officer voice mailbox. This mailbox will be monitored regularly.