- Embassy Team
- Opening Hours
- Closure Dates
- Ambassador: Mr Adrian O'Neill
- Deputy Head of Mission & Political Affairs Counsellor: Mr Gerald Angley
- Counsellor (Economic & Trade Affairs): Mr Paraig Hennessy
- Counsellor (Brexit & EU Affairs): Ms Nicole Mannion
- Counsellor (UK Foreign Policy): Mr. Cyril Brennan
- Counsellor (Agriculture): Mr Damien Flynn
- First Secretary (Irish Community & Cultural): Mr Ruaidhri Dowling
- First Secretary (Brexit & EU Affairs): Ms. Rosie Keane
- First Secretary (Press & Information): Ms Fionnuala Callanan
- First Secretary (Finance): Mr Cian O’Laoide
- First Secretary (Economic & Trade Affairs): Ms Therese Walsh
- First Secretary (Customs & Revenue): Mr David Walsh
- First Secretary (Consular & Corporate Services): Mr John O'Sullivan
- Second Secretary (Press & Information): Ms Alanna Maxwell
- Second Secretary (Political Affairs): Ms Sophie Jacobs
- Second Secretary (Political Affairs): Mr Raymond Mullen
- Second Secretary (Irish Community & Cultural): Ms Rachel Ingersoll
- Attaché (Economic & Trade Affairs): Ms Deirdre Curley
- Attaché (Passport Services): Ms Rose Gaughan
- Attaché (Visa Services): Ms Ciara Kellegher
- Attaché (Consular Services): Mr John Frier
- Attaché (Administration): Ms Celine Byrne
The Embassy and the Passport and Visa Office are located in different places.
Directions to the Embassy
17 Grosvenor Place, London SW1X 7HR.
Phone: +44 20 72352171
Fax: +44 20 7589 8450
The Embassy address is 17 Grosvenor Place in Westminster and is located at the corner of Grosvenor Place and Chapel Street (the entrance is actually on Chapel Street).
The nearest tube station is Hyde Park Corner on the Piccadilly line (4 minutes walk). This line also serves Heathrow Airport. The next nearest tube station is Victoria on the District, Circle and Victoria Lines (6 minutes walk). Victoria is also a mainline railway station that serves the south and south east of England, as well as Gatwick Airport.
Directions to the Passport and Visa Office
114a Cromwell Road (Ground Floor) London SW7 4ES.
Phone: +44 20 7373 4339
Fax: +44 207 3734589
Phone: +44 0906 6610197 (Premium Rate Number. Calls Cost £1.50 per min. This number is not available to residents of Ireland or Northern Ireland)
The new office is directly opposite the Holiday Inn Hotel on Cromwell Road, approximately 200-300m from Gloucester Road Tube Station (Circle, District and Piccadilly lines). The office is also served by the No. 74 bus route.
Directions from Gloucester Road Tube Station (2 minute walk): Turn left on leaving the station and turn left again onto Cromwell Road at the junction with Gloucester Road. The Passport and Visa Office is located on the opposite side of the road, approximately 200m from this junction.
The Embassy, including the Passport and Visa Office, is now operating remotely due to the Coronavirus COVID-19 situation. We are continuing to respond to emails and calls and provide assistance to Irish citizens with consular queries. Please click here for information on how to contact us.
Coronavirus - Dedicated phone line
Irish citizens who are in Great Britain, or who intend to travel to Great Britain in the near future should visit the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Travel Advice page and follow us on Twitter @IrelandEmbGB
Alternatively, there is a dedicated Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade phone line for Irish citizens who are abroad or who intend to travel abroad in the near future and have concerns about Coronavirus at +353 (0)1 613 1733.
The fastest and cheapest way to get your first Irish passport or renew your passport is to apply online.
Irish citizens with a consular query during regular working hours should email us at email@example.com and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
If you have an urgent query or require assistance in case of emergency, please contact the main Embassy number 02072352171 and leave a message for the Duty Officer who will then contact you as soon as possible.
The Embassy of Ireland in London will be closed on the following days:
Public Holiday Closures in 2020
- Good Friday - 10th April
- Easter Monday - 13th April
- Early May Bank Holiday - 8th May
- Spring Bank Holiday - 25th May
- August Bank Holiday - 31st August
- Christmas Day - 25th December
- Christmas - 28th December
- New Year's Eve - 31st December
Please note that if you require urgent assistance while the Embassy is closed, contact the main Embassy number, 0207 235 2171, and leave a message on the Duty Officer mailbox. This mailbox will be monitored regularly.