- Embassy Team
- Opening Hours
- Closure Dates
- Ambassador: Mr Adrian O'Neill
- Deputy Head of Mission & UK Foreign Policy: Mr Cyril Brennan
- Counsellor (Brexit & EU Affairs): Ms Fiona Flood
- Counsellor (Finance): Mr Aidan Carrigan
- Counsellor (Justice): Mr Martin McDermott
- Counsellor (Economic & Trade Affairs): Mr Patrick Rochford
- Counsellor (Political Affairs): Mr Michael Lonergan
- Counsellor (Agriculture): Mr Sean Connolly
- First Secretary (Press & Information): Ms Fionnuala Callanan
- First Secretary (Consular & Corporate Services): Mr John O'Sullivan
- First Secretary (Finance): Mr Cian O’Laoide
- First Secretary (Economic & Trade Affairs): Ms Therese Walsh
- First Secretary (Customs & Revenue): Mr David Walsh
- First Secretary (Irish Community & Cultural): Ms Isobel O’Connor
- First Secretary (Agriculture): Mr John Muldowney
- First Secretary (Brexit & EU Affairs): Mr Stephen Garry
- Second Secretary (Irish Community & Cultural): Ms Rachel Ingersoll
- Second Secretary (Political Affairs): Mr Raymond Mullen
- Second Secretary (Press & Information): Mr Ciarán Kelleher Byrne
- Second Secretary (Political Affairs): Ms Marie-Claire Hughes
- Attaché (Economic & Trade Affairs): Ms Deirdre Curley
- Attaché (Passport Services): Ms Rose Gaughan
- Attaché (Consular Services): Mr John Freir
- Attaché (Administration): Ms Ursula Cordial
- Attaché (Cultural): Ms Kelly O'Connor
- Attaché (Visa Services): Mr Stephen Walsh
The Embassy and the Passport and Visa Office are located in different places.
Directions to the Embassy
17 Grosvenor Place, London SW1X 7HR.
Phone: +44 20 72352171
Fax: +44 20 7589 8450
The Embassy address is 17 Grosvenor Place in Westminster and is located at the corner of Grosvenor Place and Chapel Street (the entrance is actually on Chapel Street).
The nearest tube station is Hyde Park Corner on the Piccadilly line (4 minutes walk). This line also serves Heathrow Airport. The next nearest tube station is Victoria on the District, Circle and Victoria Lines (6 minutes walk). Victoria is also a mainline railway station that serves the south and south east of England, as well as Gatwick Airport.
Directions to the Passport and Visa Office
114a Cromwell Road (Ground Floor) London SW7 4ES.
Phone: +44 20 7373 4339
Fax: +44 207 3734589
Phone: +44 0906 6610197 (Premium Rate Number. Calls Cost £1.50 per min. This number is not available to residents of Ireland or Northern Ireland)
The new office is directly opposite the Holiday Inn Hotel on Cromwell Road, approximately 200-300m from Gloucester Road Tube Station (Circle, District and Piccadilly lines). The office is also served by the No. 74 bus route.
Directions from Gloucester Road Tube Station (2 minute walk): Turn left on leaving the station and turn left again onto Cromwell Road at the junction with Gloucester Road. The Passport and Visa Office is located on the opposite side of the road, approximately 200m from this junction.
In line with local Covid-19 public health restrictions, as of Monday 12th April the Embassy has reopened. Visits to the Embassy will be by appointment only, from 9.30am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 4pm.
The Embassy team continues to be available to answer queries by phone and email at +44(0) 207 235 2171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have an urgent query or require assistance in case of emergency out of hours, please contact the main Embassy number 02072352171 and leave a message for the Duty Officer who will then contact you as soon as possible.
Please click here for more information on how to contact us.
Consular or Brexit Assistance
Irish citizens with a consular or Brexit related query during regular working hours should email us at email@example.com and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Passport and Visa Services
The Embassy of Ireland in London will be closed on the following days:
Public Holiday Closures in 2021
- Good Friday - 2nd April
- Easter Monday - 5th April
- Early May Bank Holiday - 3rd May
- Spring Bank Holiday - 31st May
- August Bank Holiday - 30th August
- Christmas Day - 25th December
- Christmas - 28th December
- New Year's Eve - 31st December
Please note that if you require urgent assistance while the Embassy is closed, contact the main Embassy number, 0207 235 2171, and leave a message on the Duty Officer mailbox. This mailbox will be monitored regularly.