Cookies on the DFA website

We use cookies to give the best experience on our site while also complying with Data Protection requirements. Continue without changing your settings, and you'll receive cookies, or change your cookie settings at any time.

I’m in the UK, my passport has been stolen and it has my valid Irish WHA in it: what do I do?

Contact the Irish Embassy Visa Office and explain the situation. We will contact our colleagues in Canberra and see if a new WHA can be issued.

In the event that we can issue a new WHA, you will have to provide us with your new permanent Australian passport (we cannot accept temporary ones) and the police report that confirms the theft of your passport.