Working Holiday Authorisations
Working Holiday Authorisations (WHA) are available to young people who are citizens of Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan and New Zealand.
These Working Holiday schemes are intended for use by young adults who wish to stay in Ireland for an extended holiday and who may work casually in order to fund their stay. Australian citizens (only) who are currently in the UK can apply through the Irish Visa Office in London.
How do I apply for a Working Holiday Authorisation?
Complete the application form and submit to the Visa Office, Embassy of Ireland with the following supporting documents:
- Current valid passport and 2 photocopies of the bio data page and UK visa
- 2 current passport-style photographs with your name on reverse
- Processing Fee
- Current Curriculum Vitae (with references) plus 2 photocopies
- Originals of any qualifications you may have obtained and 2 photocopies
- Where applicable, letter from school/college and 2 additional photocopies
- Original (and 2 photocopies) of bank statement showing that you have AUS$2,500 and a return ticket or AUS$5,000 (or equivalent)
Please note that applications take 4-6 weeks to be processed. All supporting documentation submitted with the application must be original.
For information about the current processing fee, please see the Fees tab of our Visas for Ireland guidelines.
Additional information about Working Holiday Authorisations for Australian Citizens is available from the Top Visa Questions section of this website.
General information on Working Holiday Visas can be found on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.