How much does an Irish Passport Cost?
How much does an Irish Passport cost?
The fee depends on the type of passport you apply for. Make sure to apply in plenty of time.
- Standard 10-year passport is £70
- Large 66-page, 10-year passport is £96
- Standard 5-year passport for those under 18 years is £26
Online Adult renewals
- Standard 10-year passport is €80 plus €5.00 return postage
- Large 66-page, 10-year passport is €110 plus €5.00 return postage
- Passport card is €35 plus €5.00 return postage
- Standard passport plus passport card is €105 plus €5.00 return postage
- Large passport plus passport card is €135 plus €5.00 return postage
An emergency temporary passport can only be issued on the day in the case of an emergency situation (such as the death or serious illness of a family member).
- Emergency passport - £26.00 plus the passport fee of £83.00. Total cost £109.00
- Emergency travel Certificate £26.00 to enable applicant to travel home to country of residence in the case of a stolen/lost passport
Urgent Counter applications*
- Adult - £144 if processed in 5 working days
- Large - £170 if processed in 5 working days
- Under 18s - £72 if processed in 5 working days
- Adult - £83 if processed in 6 to 40 working days
- Large - £109 if processed in 6 to 40 working days
- Under 18s - £39 if processed in 6 to 40 working days
*Counter applications can be accepted by appointment for urgent travel. We will endeavour to process the passport in time for travel but require a minimum of 5 working days
We do not accept cash. We do accept debit cards. Cheques and Postal Orders should be made payable to the "Embassy of Ireland" for the valid sterling amount.
If paying by Credit card payment will be taken in Euros. Please ensure that the cardholder has signed Section 1 of the application and entered the expiry date of the card.