All payments must be made by credit or debit card. We no longer accept cash, cheques or bank drafts.
Applications made online
There are different fees if you apply online.
Paper applications sent by post
- Standard Adult 10-year passport is €80
- Large 66-page, 10-year passport is €110
- Standard Child 5-year passport is €30 (under 18 years)
Urgent Counter applications
- Adult - £144 if processed in 5 working days
- Large - £170 if processed in 5 working days
- Child (under 18 years) - £72 if processed in 5 working days
- Adult - £83 if processed in 6 to 40 working days
- Large - £109 if processed in 6 to 40 working days
- Child (under 18 years) - £39 if processed in 6 to 40 working days
If you require a passport for urgent travel, you can make an application at the Counter in the Passport Service, by appointment only. You will need to provide evidence of travel. We will endeavor to process the passport in time for travel but require a minimum of 5 working days.
An emergency temporary passport can only be issued, on the same day, in the case of an emergency situation. An example of an emergency is the death or serious illness of a family member.
Emergency passport - £26.00 plus the passport fee of £83.00. Total cost £109.00
Emergency Travel Certificate to enable applicant to travel home to country of residence in the case of a stolen or lost passport – £26.00
For applications made online and by post, payment will be deducted in Euros from the credit card details provided by the applicant on the application form. The cardholder must sign Section 1 of the application form. The expiry date of the card must be included along with the name of the cardholder and the card number.