Team Ireland in Poland
The Embassy works with Irish state agencies to:
- Promote Ireland's trade and investment objectives
- Promote Irish exports
- Promote Irish food, culture, heritage and tradition
- Promote Ireland as a tourism destination
The Embassy shares our offices with Enterprise Ireland (EI). We work closely with EI and other state agencies to promote trade, tourism and inward investment, The Ambassador chairs the local market team. We can:
- Support Irish companies who want to find and access new markets and help with resolving commercial difficulties where possible
- Provide general advice on doing business locally and, through our network of contacts, pursue export and investment opportunities that will benefit Ireland
- Work to secure market access for Irish products in key sectors
Enterprise Ireland (EI) is the government organisation responsible for developing and growing Irish enterprises in world markets. Enterprise Ireland has an office in Warsaw, it also has a network of nine regional offices throughout Ireland and over 30 international locations.
Bord Bia & Origin Green
Bord Bia, Ireland’s Food Promotion Board, also has an office in the Embassy. The quality of Irish food and drink is known around the world and increasingly here in Poland, where Irish food and drink exports were worth €165 million in 2015, an increase of 34% on the previous year.
Part of the success of Ireland’s agri-food sector in recent years is down to Origin Green – the only comprehensive and evidence-based sustainability programme in the world that operates on a national scale. It enables Irish farmers and food producers to set and achieve measurable sustainability targets that protect Ireland’s natural resources and reduce the environmental impact of food production.
Origin Green makes Ireland a world leader in the production of high-quality, sustainable food and drink. Sourcing from Origin Green suppliers means partnering with companies that have verified commitments to sustainability.