In the current circumstances, the Embassy of Ireland continues to operate on a restricted basis until further notice.
Please see below for information on services currently available.
Contact the Embassy:
- You can call the Embassy on +46 8 54504040.
- Phone lines are open Monday - Friday from 09.30 – 12.30 and 14.00 – 16.30.
- Please be aware that calls made out of hours which are not emergencies will not be answered.
- You can email the Embassy here.
- Emails are answered Monday - Friday.
- Emergency Consular assistance continues to be provided.
- Please call the Embassy on +46 8 54504040.
- When calling, you will be prompted to leave a message.
- After the tone, record your message stating your name, a brief description of the situation and a contact number.
- The Duty Officer will call you back.
- Please be aware that visa queries will not be answered via this mailbox.
Notice | Short stay visa processing to resume
08 September 2021
The Minister for Justice, Heather Humphreys TD, and the Minister of State for Law Reform, Youth Justice and Immigration, James Browne TD, have today announced the resumption of short stay entry visa processing.
The move will come into effect from Monday, 13 September 2021.
The move to resume short stay visa processing is in line with the next phase of the Government’s response to the pandemic, Covid-19: Reframing the Challenge, Continuing Our Recovery and Reconnecting.
All remaining Covid-19 restrictions on entry visa and preclearance processing, which were brought in as a necessary interim measure to help reduce the spread of Covid-19, have now been lifted.
All travellers arriving into Ireland must continue to comply fully with measures required by law including producing proof of vaccination, recovery from Covid-19 or a negative PCR test.
If you are unsure as to whether you require a visa/preclearance to enter Ireland you can check here by entering your nationality.
Passports and Foreign Birth Registrations:
The Passport Service is continuing to process Passport Online applications and is scaling up operations to clear all applications on hand within 6-8 weeks.
To apply via Passport Online, please click here.
Passport Online is open to all applicants, including children, renewing their passports and those applying for their first passport who are resident in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Great Britain, Europe (including Sweden), Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA.
Paper passport applications are not currently being accepted.
If you are in Sweden and in need of a passport urgently, please email the Embassy here laying out your situation.
The routine processing of Foreign Birth Registrations is currently paused.
If you have an urgent query, such as you are an expectant parent, please contact the Passport Office through WebChat.
Please see the website of the Passport Service for further information.
You can find detailed and up to date information our Travel Advice for Sweden here.
For specific information on COVID-19 in Sweden, call 113 13.
For healthcare advice in Sweden, call 1177
You can find up to date details on travelling to Ireland during the COVID-19 pandemic here.
We look forward to returning to normal services as soon as we can.
The Embassy Stockholm Team