The Irish Consulate in Atlanta is aware of, and closely monitoring, the progress of Hurricane Ian.
We urge all Irish citizens in the affected States who have not done so already to register themselves here: Citizens' Registration - Department of Foreign Affairs (dfa.ie)
The best sources of information about Hurricane Ian are below:
- National Hurricane Center (noaa.gov)
- Florida: Emergency Info | Florida Disaster
- Georgia: Hurricane Ian | Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency
- South Carolina: South Carolina Emergency Management Division (scemd.org)
- North Carolina: NC DPS: Emergency Management
Should any Irish citizen need consular assistance you can contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in urgent need of emergency consular assistance, please contact the Consulate at +1-404-554-4980 and leave a message on the answering machine. The answering machine is monitored regularly and the Duty Officer will contact you as soon as possible in cases where it is a genuine emergency.
The Consulate of Ireland in Atlanta does not process passports. If you have any query about passports, please contact the US based customer support team via WebChat at https://www.dfa.ie/irish-consulate/atlanta/contact-us/