Cookies on the DFA website

We use cookies to give the best experience on our site while also complying with Data Protection requirements. Continue without changing your settings, and you'll receive cookies, or change your cookie settings at any time.

Where do I get an application form?

Irish citizens resident overseas need to use an APS2 application form.

Depending on where you are normally resident in Australia you must apply through the Embassy in Canberra, the Consulate General in Sydney, or the Honorary Consulate in Perth. This is the case even if you are temporarily outside of Australia.

APS2 forms can be obtained by contacting us

Forms can also be collected from the these locations around Australia, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, and Solomon Islands 

For Irish citizens resident in New South Wales, you can request a form from the Consulate General in Sydney

For Irish citizens resident in Western Australia, you can request a form from the Honorary Consulate in Perth