Top Passport Questions
Top passport questions
- Where can I get an application form?
- What are the passport fees?
- What do I need to know about Consent for children's passport applications?
- What are the Photo Guidelines?
- Where is the passport office and when does it open?
- How do I get my passport application witnessed?
- How quickly can I get my passport?
- When should I apply for a new passport?
- Can I access the Passport Express service from Poland?
Do I need a passport...
- To travel between Poland and Ireland?
- To travel on domestic flights in Poland?
- To be valid for a certain period?
How do I change my name in my passport...
- If it was changed due to Marriage/Civil Partnership?
- If I wish to revert to my Maiden name?
- If I have changed my name for any other reason?
All other questions
- Can I apply for a passport in Ireland/Poland while on holiday?
- I was born outside Ireland, but have Irish parents/grandparents, can I apply?
- Can I get my passport number before I get my passport?
- What to do if I find a passport I had reported lost/stolen?
- I can't find my original birth/marriage certificate. What can I do?
- Can I apply for a passport online?
- Does my child need their own passport?
- Where should I send a deceased persons passport?
- What documents do I need if I am a first time applicant?
Commonly made mistakes while filling in passport application forms
The application must be witnessed by a member of one of the professions listed on Section 7 (if applicable) and Section 9. The Embassy cannot witness passport applications.
The witness must complete appropriate fields in the application forms. Statements/ affidavits on a separate sheet of paper cannot be accepted. Applications which are not witnessed properly will be rejected.
In Section 7 the witness must witness the signature of BOTH parents and sign BOTH columns (mother’s and father’s). Applications which are not witnessed properly will be rejected.
The witness’s signatures must be dated in the appropriate spaces in section 7 (if applicable) and section 9.
The witness must sign two of the four photos and endorse the application number on the back of the photos. If the photos are not signed in the proper way, the application will be rejected.
Please make sure that the photos are carefully separated with paper to avoid ink transfers from the signatures.
Children aged 7 and older must sign their own application in Section 8.
Please make sure that you enter all of your Polish contact details (postal address, email address, telephone number) in Section 4 of the application.
EACH APPLICATION FORM IS ACCOMPANIED BY AN INFORMATION LEAFLET – PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO AVOID DELAYS CAUSED BY MISTAKES IN COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM.