Happy Christmas from the Embassy of Ireland!
News20 December 2019
A very Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2020! 2019 was a busy year for Ireland in Poland. We kept ourselves busy by…
- Promoting Irish culture: not only St. Patrick’s Day but celebrating women’s creativity on St. Brigid’s Day, the work of James Joyce on Bloomsday and Irish folk culture at Halloween!
- Supporting academic research on Ireland by hosting the establishment of the new Polish Association of Irish Studies and working with universities all over the country
- Working with Irish business in Poland through the Irish-Polish Chamber of Commerce and trade visits in June and the visit of Minister Pat Breen in December
- Advancing a range of EU and political policy issues, including the visit of Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs Simon Coveney in September, who met President Duda, Prime Minister Morawiecki and Minister for Europe Szymański
- Encouraging and supporting Irish communities following our consultation day in May. Cumann Warszawa GAA hosted an international tournament. There is a new GAA Club being established in Poznań. A Warsaw Irish Popup Club is up and running. Irish Students Overseas has established in Bydgoszcz! The Darkness into Light walk for mental health awareness took place in May in Warsaw and the pilot project of the Samaritans in Poland continues. You can call 800 012 274 free of charge in Poland to be connected to the Samaritans in Ireland.
- Marking the 20th anniversary of the Honorary Consulate in Poznań with a special reception and newspaper supplement in Głos Wielkopolski. Congratulations to the Honorary Consulate and the Irish Culture Foundation for their incredible work supporting Ireland in western Poland.
Another significant development in 2019 was that all Irish citizens can renew passports online from anywhere in the world 24/7 using Ireland’s award winning online passport renewal service. https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/
We wish you a safe journey for any travels you may do over the Christmas and New Year period. Should you need emergency consular assistance in Poland during this time, please call the Embassy on +48 22 564 22 00 and follow the instructions to contact the officer on duty.
Huge thanks for all of your support and interest in 2019. Looking forward to another excellent year representing Ireland in Poland in 2020!
From all the team at “Ireland House” at the Embassy of Ireland in Poland. Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi mhaise daoibh go léir!