Ambassador Declan Kelleher, Permanent Representative of Ireland to the EU
- 2004-13: Ambassador of Ireland to the People’s Republic of China and to Mongolia.
- 2000-04: Ambassador, Representative of Ireland to the EU Political and Security Committee, Brussels.
- 1998-2000: Deputy Political Director, Director for International Security Policy, Department of Foreign Affairs.
- 1995-98: Counsellor, Head of Security Policy and Disarmament Section, Department of Foreign Affairs.
- 1991-95: First Secretary, Anglo–Irish Division, Department of Foreign Affairs.
- 1987-91: First Secretary (Press and Political/Congressional Affairs), Embassy of Ireland to the USA, Washington DC.
- 1983-87: First Secretary, Political Division, Department of Foreign Affairs (European Correspondent: 1985 – 1987).
- 1980-83: Second Secretary, Permanent Mission of Ireland to the UN, New York.
- 1977: Entered the Department of Foreign Affairs as Third Secretary.
Prior to entering the foreign service, he worked in the private sector as an economic/financial analyst, specialising in global marine and oil industries