Our locations and opening hours
Passport Office Move
- The Passport Office will be closed on Monday, 8 February, due to relocation. No appointments will be available on that day.
- From 9 February, the Passport Office in Dublin will offer all Passport Office services from its new location of Knockmaun House, 42-47, Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2, D02 TN83 and the appointments service for those requiring same day or less than five day turnaround will be fully restored.
- The Passport Office will continue to prioritise cases of genuine emergency.
- The Passport Express service operated by An Post continues to function as normal and applicants are encouraged to use this service as far as possible.
- The Passport Office will continue to operate from 17-18, Dawson Street until 5 February.
- Full details on our Passport Services are contained on this website or contact our team on Twitter @PassportIRL
Planning to travel during the Easter holidays?
In advance of the Easter break passport holders are reminded of the following:
i. Please check your booklets for expiry dates and remember children’s passports have a shorter validity period. Some countries require that a certain period of validity remains on passports before you enter the country (often six months), so please renew well in advance of your travel plans.
ii. The Passport Service experiences a peak in demand from May until August. Turnaround times and appointment availability can vary during this time. The Passport Service encourages citizens to apply for new passports well ahead of these peak summer months.
iii. A limited number of appointments where an applicant can come in person to the Passport Office are available in the Passport Offices in Dublin and Cork to facilitate those who are travelling in less than 10 working days and require a passport renewal. Our website provides information on how to make an appointment.
iv. Since 2012, the Passport Service no longer accepts passport applications by standard post. Applications must be submitted through the An Post Passport Express service available in all post offices. This is a ten working day service. Applicants travelling in less than ten working days should make an appointment to apply in person at the Passport Office.
What are the opening hours and locations of the passport offices in Dublin and Cork?
DublinKnockmaun House,42-47, Lower Mount Street,Dublin 2,D02 TN83 Tel. +353 1 671 1633
Our Dublin office currently operates on an appointment basis from 9am to 4.50pm, Monday to Friday. Please book an appointment with us.
CorkPassport Office1a South MallCorkT12 TA46 Tel. +353 21 494 4700
Our Cork Office currently operates on an appointment basis from 9am to 4.50pm Monday to Friday. Please book an appointment with us