Faigh árachas taistil agus liachta
Faigh árachas taistil cuimsitheach i gcónaí a chlúdóidh gach costas liachta thar lear, aslonnú liachta san áireamh, sula dtéann tú ag taisteal. Ní féidir linn íoc as aon chostais éigeandála a d’fhéadfadh a bheith ort ar do thuras. Mar sin, d’fhéadfadh árachas taistil go leor leor airgid a shábháil duit, má bhíonn fadhbanna agat. Ná déan dearmad na coinníollacha i do pholasaí a léamh agus a chinntiú go gclúdaíonn sé gach rud atá beartaithe agat a dhéanamh.
- Sábháilteacht agus Slándáil
- Dlíthe agus gnásanna áitiúla
- Tubaistí nádúrtha agus an aeráid
- Eolas Breise
We advise you to take normal precautions in Reunion.
Because there is no Irish Embassy or Consulate in the Reunion, we’re limited in the help we can offer you in an emergency. However, if you need assistance, please contact our Consular Assistance Unit at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Dublin on +353 1 408 2000.
EU Directive on Consular Protection
Under the EU Consular Protection Directive, Irish nationals may seek assistance from the Embassy or Consulate of any other EU member state in a country where there is no Irish Embassy or permanent representation.
Our tips for safe travels
- Purchase comprehensive travel insurance which covers all your intended activities
- Add an alert for your destination within the Travelwise App.
- Register your details with us so that we can contact you quickly in an emergency, such as a natural disaster or a family emergency
- Follow us on twitter @dfatravelwise for the latest travel updates
- Read our Topical ‘Know Before You Go’ guide
Sábháilteacht agus Slándáil
Safety and security
- Read our Know Before You Go travel guide for useful security tips when travelling abroad
- Get advice locally about areas of risk and security concerns
- Take common-sense precautions about safety and security
- Know who to contact in case of an emergency
Dlíthe agus gnásanna áitiúla
Local laws and customs
Remember, the local laws apply to you as a visitor and it is your responsibility to follow them. Be sensitive to local customs, traditions and practices as your behaviour may be seen as improper, hostile or may even be illegal.
Tubaistí nádúrtha agus an aeráid
Natural disasters and climate
Réunion is a tropical island just above the Tropic of Capricorn in the Indian Ocean. It has good all year round temperatures. Réunion can experience heavy rainfall between January and March.
The cyclone season in Réunion normally runs from November to May. Cyclones can cause extensive damage to property. The authorities have a well-structured system of phased warnings and you should follow any advice issued by the local authorities. If you’re travelling to or living in Réunion, make sure you know what to do in the event of a cyclone.
You can research further information on Reunion by reading these links to travel advice from other foreign ministries:
- UK: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Canada: Government of Canada
- New Zealand: Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Australia: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- USA: Department of State
Travel and medical insurance
Before travelling, the Department strongly recommends that you obtain comprehensive travel insurance which will cover all overseas medical costs, including medical repatriation/evacuation, repatriation of remains and legal costs. You should check any exclusions and, in particular, that your policy covers you for the activities you want to undertake.
Check with your doctor a minimum of eight weeks in advance of departure to see if you need any vaccinations for this country.