Faigh árachas taistil agus liachta
Faigh árachas taistil cuimsitheach i gcónaí a chlúdóidh gach costas liachta thar lear, aslonnú liachta san áireamh, sula dtéann tú ag taisteal. Ní féidir linn íoc as aon chostais éigeandála a d’fhéadfadh a bheith ort ar do thuras. Mar sin, d’fhéadfadh árachas taistil go leor leor airgid a shábháil duit, má bhíonn fadhbanna agat. Ná déan dearmad na coinníollacha i do pholasaí a léamh agus a chinntiú go gclúdaíonn sé gach rud atá beartaithe agat a dhéanamh.
We advise you to take normal precautions.
Because there is no Irish Embassy in Monaco, we’re limited in the help we can offer you in an emergency. However, if you need assistance, you can contact the Honorary Consul in Monaco or the Irish Embassy in Paris.
Our tips for safe travels
- Purchase comprehensive travel insurance which covers all your intended activities
- Add an alert for your destination within the Travelwise App.
- Register your details with us so that we can contact you quickly in an emergency, such as a natural disaster or a family emergency
- Follow us on twitter @dfatravelwise for the latest travel updates
- Read our Topical ‘Know Before You Go’ guide
Safety and security
Local laws and customs
Local laws and customs
Illegal drug use (no matter what the drug) carries stiff penalties.
Buying property in Monaco
If you’re planning to buy property we strongly advise you to consult an independent legal advisor from the beginning of the process.
The Embassy cannot advise you on buying property or intervene in property disputes.
We can’t pay for emergency medical repatriation, repatriation of remains, or for expenses as a result of a personal emergency while you are abroad. If you buy an appropriate travel insurance policy, these costs will be covered, provided you haven’t broken the terms and conditions.
Buying comprehensive travel insurance can save you and your family a lot of money if something goes wrong. It will also ensure that you get the medical attention you need, when you need it. Hospital bills can quickly run into thousands of euro, and a medical evacuation back to Ireland can cost thousands more.
Not all policies are the same, and the cheapest one might be cheap for a reason. Make sure your policy covers all the activities you plan to do on your trip. Insurance Ireland recommend that you purchase a policy that provides a minimum medical cover of €1 million.
Your policy should cover:
- All medical care abroad, including evacuation by air ambulance, or other emergency procedures, and any other costs associated with an unexpected longer stay.
- Your entire trip, from departure to return. Consider an annual multi-trip policy if you’re making more than one trip in the year.
- 24-hour emergency service and assistance.
- Personal liability cover (in case you’re sued for causing injury or damaging property).
- Lost and stolen possessions.
- Cancellation and curtailment.
- Any extra activities you intend to do that are excluded from standard policies (e.g. water sport activities such as jet skiing or other extreme sports).
Exclusions: You should know most insurance policies will not cover drink or drug-related incidents.