Faigh árachas taistil agus liachta
Faigh árachas taistil cuimsitheach i gcónaí a chlúdóidh gach costas liachta thar lear, aslonnú liachta san áireamh, sula dtéann tú ag taisteal. Ní féidir linn íoc as aon chostais éigeandála a d’fhéadfadh a bheith ort ar do thuras. Mar sin, d’fhéadfadh árachas taistil go leor leor airgid a shábháil duit, má bhíonn fadhbanna agat. Ná déan dearmad na coinníollacha i do pholasaí a léamh agus a chinntiú go gclúdaíonn sé gach rud atá beartaithe agat a dhéanamh.
We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution in Comoros.
Because there is no Irish Embassy or Consulate in Comoros, we’re limited in the help we can offer you in an emergency. The best help is often close at hand so if you have problems, try talking to your local contacts, tour operator representative or hotel management.
If there is an emergency, or if you need help and advice, you can contact our Consular Assistance Unit at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Dublin on +353 1 408 2000.
Other EU Embassies
You can also contact the Embassies or Consulates of other EU countries in Comoros for emergency consular assistance, advice and support.
Our tips for safe travels
- Purchase comprehensive travel insurance which covers all your intended activities
- Add an alert for your destination within the Travelwise App.
- Register your details with us so that we can contact you quickly in an emergency, such as a natural disaster or a family emergency
- Follow us on twitter @dfatravel for the latest travel updates
- Read our Topical ‘Know Before You Go’ guide
Safety and security
Safety and security
- Get advice locally about areas of risk and security concerns
- Take common-sense precautions about safety and security
- Know who to contact in case of emergency
Local laws and customs
Local laws and customs
Remember, the local laws apply to you as a visitor and it is your responsibility to follow them. Be sensitive to local customs, traditions and practices as your behaviour may be seen as improper, hostile or may even be illegal.
Get travel and medical insurance
Before travelling, the Department strongly recommends that you obtain comprehensive travel insurance which will cover all overseas medical costs, including medical repatriation/evacuation, repatriation of remains and legal costs. You should check any exclusions and, in particular, that your policy covers you for the activities you want to undertake.
Check what vaccinations you may need for your trip at least eight weeks before you travel. We can’t advise you on vaccinations, but you can get information about vaccinations from your local GP or an International Health and Travel Centre.
Evidence of vaccination (in the form of a certificate) can be a requirement for entry to some countries.
Make sure you bring enough medication for your entire trip and for any unexpected delays. You may wish to also bring copies of your prescription in case you lose your medication.
It’s advisable to take a number of photocopies of your passport with you when travelling to Comoros and you should carry a photocopy of your passport at all times during your stay.
If your passport is lost or stolen while you’re abroad, we can help.
What we can do:
- Issue you a replacement passport that will let you finish your trip, or;
- Issue you with an emergency travel document to get you home.
We’ll do our best to help you as quickly as possible but this can take some time. Your location and circumstances may limit the help we can give you. As Ireland does not have an Embassy or Consulate in Comoros there may be additional complications in processing and application for a new passport.
You should contact the nearest Irish Embassy or Consulate to find out what you need to do to apply for a passport. They will also be able to advise you on the fees which apply.
Ireland doesn’t have an Embassy or Consulate in Comoros so we can’t verify detailed travel advice to ensure that it’s accurate, appropriate and up to date. However, we encourage you to conduct your own research and to read these links to travel advice from other foreign ministries:
- UK: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Canada: Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
- New Zealand: Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Australia: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- USA: Department of State