Cookies on the DFA website

We use cookies to give the best experience on our site while also complying with Data Protection requirements. Continue without changing your settings, and you'll receive cookies, or change your cookie settings at any time.

I need an application form

Where do I get an application form?

If you are seeking to renew your passport, are over 18 years of age and are not changing any of the details recorded in your passport (e.g. your name), you should apply through our Online Passport Application Service.

If you are not eligible to apply online, or do not wish to do so, then you must apply using an APS2 application form. These forms are available in Irish (APS2G) and in English (APS2E) and can be sourced:

  • By contacting us (if resident Alabama, Arkansas, North & South Dakota, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin)