Vacancy: Event Co-Ordinator and Supports
News02 May 2022
Event Co-Ordinator and Supports,
Los Angeles Consulate General of Ireland
The mission of the Department of Foreign Affairs is to promote and protect abroad the values, interests and economic wellbeing of Ireland and its people. We do this under the political direction of our Ministers, through our staff at home and through our Embassy network abroad.
The Consulate is seeking to recruit a resourceful, proactive and flexible individual with previous experience in a similar environment to fill the position of Event Co-Ordinator and Supports on a 24-month contract. The Event Co-Ordinator and Supports will be responsible for housekeeping and overall management of the Official Accommodation under the direction of the Consul General and Vice Consul General in close liaison with the Consul General’s Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the Official Accommodation is well – maintained.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The precise range of duties will vary over time according to the needs of the Embassy, but will include the following:
- Daily upkeep of official residence;
- Managing and updating house inventory (including proactively identifying and notifying wear-and-tear, and items in need of maintenance, repair, replacement or disposal for consideration of the Consul General; and monitoring stocks of consumables);
- Liaising with external service providers to ensure the smooth running of the household, ensuring that maintenance schedules are met and supervising contractors while onsite. This includes utilities such as electricity, internet/phone, gas, and water companies, in addition to services such as security and others which may be involved in the preparation of events or functions;
- Preparing the residence or garden for official entertainment or events, and supervising set-up as necessary. Assisting, if necessary, outside their normal working periods, when there are functions in the Official Accommodation (dinners, receptions etc.);
- General kitchen duties which will include catering responsibilities;
- Maximising recycling and minimising energy use to the extent possible; and
- Any other related duties that may be required.
Essential Requirements candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 2 years cleaning, cooking and home-care skills (including a good understanding of the functioning and care of standard household equipment and proper use of cleaning products);
- Excellent spoken and good written English (language test may be included as part of the shortlisting process);
- The candidate must provide evidence of flexibility, efficiency and effectiveness showing strong organizational skills, attention to detail, able to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and initiative;
- Ability to follow instructions and implement routines as directed; and
- A legal right to live and work in the US.
- Previous experience in a diplomatic mission.
Terms and conditions of employment:
- This is a full-time position;
- Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week, with standard office hours from 8:30am to 4:30pm;
- The salary for the position is $41,159.14. per annum, paid locally on a fortnightly basis. Salaries are paid direct to a bank account, therefore, the successful candidate must have a bank account Annual Leave entitlement to 20 days’, plus public holidays;
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a résumé (two pages maximum), include a cover letter referencing the
Event Co-Ordinator and Supports position,& have two nominated references
Applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com with the subject line
‘Event Co-Ordinator and Supports role”
before close of business on 16 May 2022
Applications received after this time will not be considered. It is envisaged that competency based interviews for selected candidates will take place in June.
General Data Protection Regulation:
All personal information received will be kept in line with GDPR guidelines.
Security Clearance for Local Staff
Police security clearance will be sought in respect of individuals who come under consideration for appointment. Enquiries may also be made with the police force of any country in which the applicant under consideration for appointment resided. If unsuccessful, this information will be destroyed. If the applicant subsequently comes under consideration for another position, they will be required to supply this information again.
Please note that canvassing will disqualify applicants.
The Consulate General of Ireland in Los Angeles is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.