Our mission is to promote and protect abroad the values, interests and economic well-being of Ireland and its people. We do this under the political direction of our Ministers, through our staff at home and through our Embassy network abroad.
The Embassy of Ireland is looking to recruit a Temporary Driver, on an initial 6 week contract. The Temporary Driver will be the official driver for the Ambassador for all official engagements and for other Embassy staff, as required during this period. The driver will also play a key role in providing logistical support for the Embassy.
Duties will vary over time according to the needs of the Embassy and will include the following:
- Driving Embassy staff to official engagements, as required;
- In the above context, on-call and after working hours, as required;
- Maintaining the official vehicle (bringing for regular services, washing etc.)
- Keeping track of mileage, fuel, and toll expenses;
- Undertaking official Embassy messenger duties as required;
- Daily collection/delivery of post; managing the dispatch of diplomatic letters
Essential requirements candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- A legal entitlement to live and work in Malaysia prior to recruitment;
- A full and clean driving licence;
- Fluent English;
- Candidates must have a clean medical report (from within the past 12 months) proving their fitness to drive;
- Candidates must have at least two years’ professional experience as a driver at executive level;
- Candidates must have excellent knowledge of vehicle maintenance and safety;
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively, constructively and flexibly in a smaller-sized office environment;
- Ability to use GPS/online maps.
- Previous driving experience with Diplomatic Missions or International Organisations.
- Qualifications/certificates in responding in emergency situations will be an advantage.
- Qualifications/certificates in critical driving skills will be an advantage.
- First Aid certification.
Terms and conditions of employment:
- The successful candidates will be hired on a temporary contractual basis and will be based at the Embassy of Ireland in Kuala Lumpur;
- The position has an annual leave allowance of 21 days per annum (pro rata), exclusive of public holidays taken by the Embassy
How to apply:
A cover letter complete with CV should be sent to email@example.com, with the subject line Embassy Driver.
Applications must be received by 12.00 noon (Local time) on Wednesday, 31 March 2021.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Depending on the number of applications received, a short-listing of candidates to be called for interview may be undertaken based on the Essential Requirements above.
- It is planned that interviews will be held shortly after 31 March 2021, and the position filled as soon as possible.
General Data Protection Regulation:
All personal information received will be kept in line with GDPR guidelines.
Police security clearance will be sought in respect of individuals who come under consideration for appointment. Enquiries may also be made with the police force of any country in which the applicant under consideration for appointment resided. If unsuccessful this information will be destroyed. If the applicant subsequently comes under consideration for another position they will be required to supply this information again.
Please note that canvassing will disqualify applicants.
The Embassy of Ireland in Kuala Lumpur is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.