Serving our people at home and abroad and promoting reconciliation and cooperation is one of the high level goals of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in our Statement of Strategy 2015-2017, and part of our overall mission statement as a Government Department.
- Sustained peace, enhanced reconciliation and political progress in Northern Ireland;
- Increased North-South and British-Irish cooperation;
- Effective delivery of passport and consular services for our citizens;
- Deepened engagement with our diaspora and support for our emigrants; and
- Promotion of our culture, arts and creative industries through the Embassy network.
The stories below are examples of our delivery of this goal in 2015.