- Bí an-chúramach
- Seachain taisteal neamhriachtanach
- Ná taistil
- Safety and Security
- Local Laws and Customs
- Additional Information
- Embassy Contact
We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution in Mayotte.
Because there is no Irish Embassy or Consulate in Mayotte, we’re limited in the help we can offer you in an emergency. However, if you need assistance, you can contact our Consular Assistance Unit at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Dublin on +353 1 408 2000.
The best help is often close at hand so if you have problems when you’re in Mayotte, try talking to your local contacts, tour operator representative or hotel management.
EU Directive on Consular Protection
Under the EU Consular Protection Directive, Irish nationals may seek assistance from the Embassy or Consulate of any other EU member state in a country where there is no Irish Embassy or permanent representation.
Our tips for safe travels
- Purchase comprehensive travel insurance which covers all your intended activities
- Add an alert for your destination within the Travelwise App.
- Register your details with us so that we can contact you quickly in an emergency, such as a natural disaster or a family emergency
- Follow us on twitter @dfatravelwise for the latest travel updates
- Read our Topical ‘Know Before You Go’ guide
Safety and Security
Safety and Security
Safety and security
- Read our Know Before You Go travel guide for useful security tips when travelling abroad
- Get advice locally about areas of risk and security concerns
- Take common-sense precautions about safety and security
- Know who to contact in case of an emergency
Local Laws and Customs
Local Laws and Customs
Local laws and customs
- Read our travel advice, inform yourself before travelling and get advice locally when you arrive
- Remember, the local laws apply to you as a visitor and it is your responsibility to follow them
- Be sensitive to local customs, traditions and practices as your behaviour may be seen as improper, hostile or even illegal
Get travel and medical insurance
Before travelling, the Department strongly recommends that you obtain comprehensive travel insurance which will cover all overseas medical costs, including medical repatriation/evacuation, repatriation of remains and legal costs. You should check any exclusions and, in particular, that your policy covers you for the activities you want to undertake.
Check what vaccinations you may need for your trip at least eight weeks before you travel. We can’t advise you on vaccinations, but you can get information about vaccinations from your local GP or an International Health and Travel Centre.
Evidence of vaccination (in the form of a certificate) can be a requirement for entry to some countries.
Make sure you bring enough medication for your entire trip and for any unexpected delays. You may wish to also bring copies of your prescription in case you lose your medication.
It’s advisable to take a number of photocopies of your passport with you when travelling to Mayotte and you should carry a photocopy of your passport at all times during your stay.
If your passport is lost or stolen while you’re abroad, we can help.
What we can do:
- Issue you a replacement passport that will let you finish your trip, or;
- Issue you with an emergency travel document to get you home.
We’ll do our best to help you as quickly as possible but this can take some time. Your location and circumstances may limit the help we can give you. As Ireland does not have an Embassy or Consulate in Mayotte there may be additional complications in processing and application for a new passport.
You should contact the nearest Irish Embassy or Consulate to find out what you need to do to apply for a passport. They will also be able to advise you on the fees which apply.
Ireland doesn’t have an Embassy or Consulate in Mayotte so we can’t verify detailed travel advice to ensure that it’s accurate, appropriate and up to date. However, we encourage you to conduct your own research and to read these links to travel advice from other foreign ministries:
- UK: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Canada: Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
- New Zealand: Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Australia: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- USA: Department of State
Faigh árachas taistil agus liachta
Faigh árachas taistil cuimsitheach i gcónaí a chlúdóidh gach costas liachta thar lear, aslonnú liachta san áireamh, sula dtéann tú ag taisteal. Ní féidir linn íoc as aon chostais éigeandála a d’fhéadfadh a bheith ort ar do thuras. Mar sin, d’fhéadfadh árachas taistil go leor leor airgid a shábháil duit, má bhíonn fadhbanna agat. Ná déan dearmad na coinníollacha i do pholasaí a léamh agus a chinntiú go gclúdaíonn sé gach rud atá beartaithe agat a dhéanamh.
Teagmháil a dhéanamh linn
Níl aon Ambasáid de chuid na hÉireann sa tír ach féadfaidh tú teagmháil a dhéanamh le hAonad Cúnaimh Consalachta má tá treoir uait maidir leis an gcúnamh is gaire duit agus déanfaimid ár ndícheall cabhrú leat. An uimhir theileafóin: +353 1 408 2000.