Call for 2020 Publicity & Outreach Grant Applications
News13 November 2019
The Consulate General of Ireland in San Francisco is accepting applications for the Promotion and Outreach fund, which is used to promote Ireland’s interests in the Western United States. The fund provides modest levels of financial support (up to $1500 USD) for events and activities in 2020.
The deadline for receipt of the application is Friday, November 29th 2019, COB. All applicants must be a registered non-profit and must be able to provide current copy of their Form 990 or 990-N. Current recipients of Emigrant Support Funding are not eligible for Promotion and Outreach funding.
All activities funded under this budget must be linked to at least one of the five High Level Goals of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Ireland, as set out in “The Global Island”, namely:
- Our People: support for Irish citizens travelling, living and working abroad; engagement with the Irish diaspora; promotion of Irish culture abroad; pursuit of peace and reconciliation on the island of Ireland
- Our Values: support for a fairer, more just, more secure and more sustainable world through development, human rights, peacekeeping, disarmament and security policies
- Our Prosperity: support for economic recovery, growth and job creation, through trade, tourism, education, investment and the enhancement of Ireland’s reputation
- Our Place in Europe: promoting Ireland’s participation in, and commitment to, the European Union, both amongst our diaspora community and in bilateral relations with the US; promoting the interests of Ireland to shape the EU and its global engagement
- Our Influence: leveraging our resources to secure the maximum benefit for the Irish people from Ireland’s international engagement
The Consulate encourages applications for events and activities which promote engagement with Ireland by new and non-traditional diaspora groups, such as immigrant, disability, LGBTQIA+ and women’s groups. We prize events which showcase the very best in traditional Irish art, dance and music.
The Promotion and Outreach fund may be used for networking, community, cultural and economic events and activities, which enhance Ireland’s visibility. Specific activities which are admissible for funding include:
- hosting receptions and events/venue hire
- event publicity and branding materials
- fees for performance rights
- economy flights and moderate accommodation costs for artists/performers/speakers
- hire of necessary audio-visual or other technical equipment
- transport and insurance for instruments, stage equipment, props and art works
This application is a two-step process: all applicants must submit an application (FORM A) and a report (FORM B) that details the outcomes and impact of the event, no later than three months following the event. Reports must show how the grant was spent in full. If you are a recipient of 2019 funding, you must have submitted FORM B in order to be eligible to apply for 2020 funding.
To apply, please email email@example.com and request Application FORM A. In the email subject line put: 2020 P & O APPLICATION FORM REQUEST. Complete and submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Promotion and Outreach Grant Application 2020
Consulate General of Ireland
100 Pine Street, Suite 3350
San Francisco, CA 94111
Applications must be received on or before Friday, November 29, 2019.
 Alaska, Northern California, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming