We advise Irish citizens against all travel to Yemen and urge all Irish nationals currently in Yemen to leave immediately.
Latest travel alerts
As Ireland has no resident Embassy in Yemen, and in light of the deteriorating security situation, it is extremely unlikely that we will be able to provide any consular assistance to Irish citizens who decide to remain in Yemen at this time and, in particular, in respect of assistance with departure from Yemen.
Irish citizens who decide to travel or remain in Yemen are doing so at their own risk and against the advice of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. If you remain in Yemen, you should exercise extreme caution, avoid large gatherings and ensure that you have appropriate personal security measures in place, including access to money and supplies of food, water, medicine, fuel and other essentials.
Flights could be delayed or cancelled at short notice - please check with your airline before travelling to the airport.
EU DIRECTIVE ON CONSULAR PROTECTION
Under the EU Consular Protection Directive, Irish nationals may seek assistance from the Embassy or Consulate of any other EU member state in a country where there is no Irish Embassy or permanent representation.
Our tips for safe travels:
- Purchase comprehensive travel insurance which covers all your intended activities.
- Add an alert for your destination within the Travelwise App.
- Register your details with us so that we can contact you quickly if there’s an unforeseen crisis like a natural disaster or a family emergency.
- Follow us on twitter @dfatravelwise for the latest travel updates.
- Read our ‘Know Before You Go’ guide.
Wed, 13 Jun 2018 14:54:01 BST