Níl an leagan Gaeilge ar fáil go fóill, más maith leat an leagan Béarla a léamh féach thíos.
Who can use the Online Passport Renewal Service?
Irish citizens can now renew their passport book, renew their Passport Card, or apply for their first Passport Card online using the Online Passport Renewal Service.
Online Passport Renewal Service is available to Irish citizens who have previously held an Irish passport which has not expired by more than five years.
This fast, secure and convenient service can be used by Irish citizens living anywhere in the world and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Renewing your passport book:
- You must have previously held an Irish passport and your most recent passport must have expired less than 5 years ago.
- If your passport has been lost, stolen or damaged you can use the Online Passport Renewal Service to apply for a replacement.
- Adults can renew their passports without the need for additional supporting documents or witnesses in many instances. Some categories of application, for example, where a change of name is being requested, require additional supporting documents to be sent to the Passport Service.
- Child renewal applications (under 18) require the verification of identity and the consent of all guardians before a passport can issue. A signed and witnessed Child Passport Identity and Consent Form must be sent to the Passport Service for all child applications. This form will be made available at the end of the online process. Some categories of application may require additional supporting documents to be sent to the Passport Service. If your child’s passport book has more than 6 months validity remaining at the time of application, you will need to return it to the Passport Service for cancellation.
- If you wish to change your name on your passport book you can do so via the Online Passport Renewal Service. You will need to provide additional documents to support this type of application which will be detailed early during the online process.
- The Online Passport Renewal Service is only available for the renewal of a passport. If you are making a first time passport application, you must make a paper application. For further information please see here.
Renewing your Passport Card or first time Passport Card:
- All passport card applications must be made through the Online Passport Renewal Service.
- It is cheaper when you apply for a passport book and card as a bundle at the same time.
- Adults who hold an existing passport may apply for a passport card individually. Your current passport book must have at least 6 months validity.
- Passport cards for under 18s can only be obtained together with a new passport book.You must have a valid passport book in order to obtain a passport card. If your current passport book is lost, stolen or damaged and you wish to obtain a passport card, you can apply for a new passport book together with your passport card.
Further information on passport cards can be found here.
- Payment is by credit/debit card only.
- There is a €5 postage fee for each child application.
- For adult applications, there is an €5 postal fee if you reside outside of Ireland.
- Payments are made on a secure page using SSL transfer.
- Your application must comply with the requirements of the Passports Act 2008.
- Contact details for the Passport Service can be found here.
- Where appropriate, refunds will take a minimum of 28 days to process.
Please ensure you read the Terms and Conditions
Tue, 27 Nov 2018 13:03:10 GMT