Who can use the Passport Online Application?
Irish citizens can renew their Passport Book and/or Passport Card, or apply for their first Passport Card online. The Passport Online Application is available to all Irish citizens who are over 18 years, have held an Irish Passport and have not changed their name from their previous passport.
What you need to know to apply online:
- You must be aged 18 or over
- Your name must be the same as your previous passport
Renewing your Passport Book:
- You must have previously held an Irish Passport which has expired less than 5 years ago
- Your Passport Book must have less than 12 months validity remaining on it. This does not apply for applications due to lost, stolen or damaged passports books.
- Your passport book must begin with the letter P or L and be followed by another letter and 7 numbers (example PA1234567)
Renewing your Passport Card or first time Passport Card:
- You must have a valid Passport Book in order to get a Passport Card, your Passport Book must be valid for more than 3 months
- Your Passport Card must have less than 12 months’ validity remaining. This does not apply for applications due to lost, stolen or damaged passports cards.
You can also use this service if your Passport Book and/or card is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Payment is by credit/debit card only. There will be an additional €5 postal fee if you reside outside Ireland
- Payments are made on a secure page using SSL transfer through the Elavon secure payment gateway – provided by Realex
- Your application must comply with the Passports Act 2008
- Any queries should be emailed or by calling Tel: (+353) 1 6711633
- Refunds will take a minimum of 28 days to process
Please ensure you read the Terms and Conditions
Wed, 21 Jun 2017 11:54:56 BST