Ireland is on Bulgaria’s list of RED Zone Countries
News23 August 2021
Travel to Bulgaria from Ireland
Anyone considering travel to Bulgaria should check the latest information from the local authorities regarding requirements for international passengers arriving in the country. You can find all the information on entry requirements here.
Ireland has been added to Bulgaria’s list of RED Zone Countries.
Entry into the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria of persons arriving from Red Zone Countries is subject to strict restrictions. As of 01 September, entry from Red Zone Countries is allowed for:
- Bulgarian citizens and those with permanent, long-stay or continuous residence status in Bulgaria, and their family members; and
- EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens and their family members who are travelling from another EU, EEA or Swiss Confederation country.
Certain other categories of passengers are also permitted to enter Bulgaria from a Red Zone country. For further information, please consult Section 4.3 of the Ministry’s latest order.
Passengers permitted to travel from a Red Zone country must present both a Vaccination Certificate or a Certificate of Recovery from COVID AND a negative PCR test conducted within 72 hours of travel on entry.
Passengers travelling from Red Zone Countries with only a negative PCR test and without a valid Vaccination Certificate or a Certificate of Recovery from COVID will be subject to ten days quarantine at their home or other designated place of accommodation.
A list of all Red Zone Countries can be found in Annex No.1 of the most recent health order and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs's website, which can be found at the link above.
As of 01 September, all those entering the territory of Bulgaria from Green and Orange Zone countries, regardless of their citizenship, are allowed entry if they present one of the following documents:
- A Vaccination Certificate (as above);
- A Negative PCR test (as above) or a Negative Antigen test taken up to 48 hours before entry into the country.
- A Certificate that shows recovery from COVID-19 (as above).
The list of countries on the Green and Orange Zone list are available in Annex No.1 of the Ministry’s latest order, which can be found at the link above.