Covid-19 measures in Poland from 1 May
News28 April 2021
The Polish Government has announced a number of new proposed measures for the month of May, dependent on the prevailing situation with regards to Covid-19.
From 1 May, there will be a gradual loosening of restrictive measures, which will see a return to the whole of Poland operating under the same sanitary regime.
- Opening of hair and beauty salons
- Outdoor sports facilities – up to 50 people permitted
- Indoor sports facilities, including pools – organised groups of children and young people permitted, maximum 50% occupancy
- Art galleries and museums open – limit of one person per 15m2
- Shopping centres, furniture stores open – limit of one person per 15m2
- Religious ceremonies – limit of one person per 15m2 in places of worship, recommendation for outdoor services
- Full return to school for grades 1-3
- Hotels open to guests – up to 50% capacity, hotel restaurants and spas closed
- Restaurants can operate outdoors under strict sanitary regime and distancing requirements
- Open-air cinemas and theatres open – maximum 50% capacity
- Special events outdoors, e.g. weddings, holy communions – maximum 25 people
- Hybrid learning for school children in classes 4-8 in primary schools and classes 1-4 in secondary schools.
- Outdoor sporting events - limit of 25% attendance
- Obligation to wear face coverings in outdoor public spaces may be lifted, depending on the infection rate
- Restaurants can operate indoors – maximum 50% capacity and under strict sanitary regime
- Special events indoors, e.g. weddings, holy communions – up to 50 people
- Cinemas and theatres can open – up to 50% capacity
- Indoors sports facilities and swimming pools open to all – maximum 50% capacity
- Gyms, fitness clubs, saunas open – limit of one person per 15m2
- Return to school for all primary and secondary students
For full information, please visit: https://www.gov.pl/web/koronawirus/w-maju-lagodniejsze-zasady-bezpieczenstwa--jesli-utrzyma-sie-niski-wskaznik-zakazen-sprawdz-harmonogram-zmian
Travel to Poland
Please note that there is an Irish Government advisory against all non-essential travel.
Please find updated travel advice for Poland at the following page: https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/poland/
Image courtesy of the Chancellery of the Prime Minister of Poland.