Join us in the many St. Patrick´s Day celebrations around Spain!
Event07 March 2023
Celebrate St. Patrick´s Day with us!
- Cabo Roig will join the St. Patrick´s Day celebrations with their annual parade on 17 March, starting at 15.00h, on the Cabo Roig strip. Everyone is welcome to enjoy the festivities
- The IrishinTorre group will celebrate St Patrick's Day with a bilingual Mass (English, Spanish and a bit of Irish) on Friday 17 March at 10.00h in the Church of la Inmaculada which faces the main square of Torrevieja, Plaza de la Constitution. Afterwards, there will be a short celebration in Plaza de la Constitution with the permission of the Ayuntamiento de Torrevieja. They will raise the Irish flag, sing the anthem and enjoy some traditional Irish music. Please send further enquiries to email@example.com
- The University of Almería is organizing a conference entitled Irish Writers of the 1930s: The International Dimension, to be held at the University of Almería on 16-17 March. Information about the conference is available at the link above.
- Delorgan Deeptap Dance Co. (@delorgandeeptapdanceco) will be organising concerts to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day on 17-18 March. On 17 March, there will be a Saint Patrick’s Night Fest at the Hard Rock Cafe with The Barcelona Irish Dance Team & the Nancy Whiskey Irish Band. On Saturday 18 March at 11h, there will be an Irish Ceilí Dance Meeting with dancer Fletcher Anderson, at the Ateneu Familiar in Sant Boi de Llobregat, and in the evening you can catch the celtic musical Travel to Ireland, inspired by the Irish diaspora to America at the beginning of the century with Delorgan Deeptap Dance Co. & the Nancy Whiskey Irish Band, in the Cal Ninyo Theater. Please contact them through their Instagram for more information on the events, and watch out for flashmobs around the city centre!
- On Sunday 19 March, from 11h-14.30h, the Nuala Irish Dancers will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with traditional Irish music and dance, workshops for children and many more activities, in Carrer de Joan Blanques. Please see their website for more details.
- LagunCara will start their St. Patrick´s Day celebrations on 17 March with lunch in a Bilbao restaurant, and in the evening, they will be collaborating with Portugaleteko Koadrilak at Merkatua de Portugalete on a variety of activities to celebrate. Check out their webpage for more information.
- Lugo will be joining the St. Patrick´s Day celebrations with music ensemble Shenanigan´s playing at Galo Restaurante, Rúa Isaac Díaz Pardo 1, on Friday 17 March at 20.00h and Saturday 18 March at 19.00h. Entrance is free. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 697205741.
- In Adeje, Tenerife, there will be a Gala Benefit St Patrick's Dinner in Golf Costa on Saturday 11 March. Tickets cost €60, which includes a glass of cava on arrival, dinner and drinks, and live entertainment with musicians and dancers from Ireland. There will be a raffle during the dinner to raise funds for a local NGO, Asociación San Juan. For more information please call 922 245671 (Mon-Fri 10.00h – 13.00h) or 633 399 827 (17.00h-19.00h)
- Lanzarote Ireland Network will hold a St. Patrick´s Gala Dinner on 16 March, on the rooftop of the Arrecife Gran Hotel. For more information on the evening´s events and how to reserve a table please see their webpage on the above link
- Santa Cruz de La Palma will join the St. Patrick´s Day celebrations in honour of Irish merchant Dennis O Daly. A trio of Irish traditional musicians will perform at the opening ceremony at the Atrium in the Ayuntamiento on Thursday 16 March at 19.00h, again at 21.00h in Plaza de España and finally in Calle Apurón on Saturday 18 March at 12.00h. The musicians will be accompanied by two sean-nos dancers from Connemara, who will meet up with the local dancing school to share their traditions. Musical visits to local schools are planned. There will also be demonstrations of Irish and local traditional combat practices. More information can be found here
- The Circle of Irish Studies at the University of Granada is organising a series of events for St. Patrick’s Day this year. As well as the greening of the Ayuntamiento and the Royal Hospital, there will be seminars on Irish dance, a series of lectures focused on Ireland and a musical dance performance. For a full list of all the activities, please see the link provided.
- The Centre of Irish Studies Banna/Bond (EFACIS) of the Universities of La Rioja, Burgos, Deusto y Zaragoza will join the St. Patrick´s Day celebrations by organising the VI International Seminar in Irish Studies (Irish Itinerary 2023): Elements of Aesthetics in Constructing Form and Identity, on the 14-15 March. Please see their website on the link above for more details.
- The Spanish Irish Business Network will hold its bi-annual St Patrick’s Day Charity Ball on Friday 17 March at the Westin Palace Hotel in Madrid. As well as celebrating Irish music, food and culture, the Ball will as ever support good causes in Ireland and Spain. This year, the proceeds of the Ball will be donated to Alpha-1 Ireland and Alfa-1 Spain, non-profit organisations that help people suffering from an under-diagnosed genetic condition called Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency. You can find more information about the event on the SIBN’s website and you can purchase tickets here. If you have any further queries on the Ball, please contact the SIBN directly at email@example.com.
- Tourism Ireland is delighted to bring you their Semana de Irlanda in collaboration with Metro de Madrid, from the 13-19 March. They have put together an amazing line up for the celebration of St. Patrick´s Day this year, full of music, dance, literature and photographic exhibition. We encourage you to keep an eye on their webpage for details of all the activities to be enjoyed by all the family!
- Dance group Irish Treble will be performing their show Viaje Celta in Sala Galileo Galilei on Sunday 19 March, at 20.30h. Tickets on sale here.
- The Spanish Irish Business Network and the Madrid Harps GAA team will be organising the 9th Madrid St. Patrick´s Day Picnic, on Sunday 19 March, from 12h-17h, in the Zona Recreativa “Cerca Cabilda”, Hoyo de Manzanares, Sierra de Guadarrama. Bring your own food & drink for the picnic, and you are encouraged to come with sports equipment, musical instruments etc. For more information on the activity and directions on how to get there, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Fundación de Banda de Gaitas del Principado de Asturias is organising the first ever St. Patrick´s Day parade, with over 15 pipe bands from all over Spain participating in the event. The parade will start on Saturday 18 March at 17.00h and will go from Calle Ciudad Rodrigo (off of Plaza Mayor) to the Palacio Real. After the parade, there will be a festival of celtic music in the Sala Changó, at 21.00h.
- The Madrid Hash House Harriers will have their St. Patrick´s Day Run on Sunday 12 March at 13.00h. More details will be available on the website nearer the date.
- On St. Patrick´s Day, Irish folk music group The GreenTones will be performing their show St. Patrick's Day is Monumental, together with other musicians from the RTVE orchestra, at Teatro Monumental de Madrid. More information on the event and tickets can be found here
- The Irish Rover will be joining the St. Patrick´s Day celebrations on 16 & 17 March, with concerts by various different music groups like U2LIVE (tribute band – free entry), The Lighthouse Keepers (free entry), Las Salvation (The Cranberries tribute band - tickets) etc followed by DJ sets dedicated to Irish music. More information can be found on their website closer to the date.
- To celebrate St. Patrick´s Day there will be a special mass in the Church of San Patricio ((Huelin, Calle Abogado Federico Orellana) on Friday 17 March at 11.00h, with the Gregorian choir ‘Sinesis’. All are welcome and don´t forget to wear something green!
- The Irish Association of Spain will celebrate St. Patrick´s Day on Friday 17 March, starting with a mass at the Church of the Inmaculada Concepcion (beside the train station in Arroyo de la Miel, Benalmádena) at 10.00h. It will be followed by a parade at 12.00h that will go from the train station to the Plaza de la Mezquita, where there will be entertainment and activities for all the family to enjoy.
- Tortosa will be celebrating its 10th annual St. Patrick´s Day festival from 16-19 March. They are organising a host of activities including concerts, a parade, an Irish tapas night in the indoor market and a flag throwing display as well as the popular inter-school debating competitions, pub quiz, treasure hunt, children’s theatre, greenings and many more events. For more information please visit their webpage here
- VICA (Valencia Irish Cultural Association) will celebrate St. Patrick´s Day this year on Sunday 12 March, starting at 11.00, in La Escuela de Ruzafa. There will be music, dance, refreshments, prize draw, stories and lots of entertainment for children. Admission is free. You can visit their website in the link above or their pages on Facebook and Instagram (@valenciairish_) for more information.