Tender for the procurement of a service provider to conduct procurement training for the Embassy
Announcement30 August 2019
Embassy of Ireland - Hanoi
Tender for the procurement of a service provider to conduct
Procurement training for Embassy of Ireland funding to Programme 135: Ha Giang, Hoa Binh, Quang Tri, Tra Vinh and Kontum
The Embassy of Ireland, Hanoi, intends to engage a professional trainer from an auditing firm, internal audit expert or financial management training firm to deliver a package of training and coaching to support implementation of and accountability for the Embassy's funding to the Government of Vietnam's Programme 135 in five provinces: Ha Giang, Hoa Binh, Quang Tri, Tra Vinh and Kontum.
The specific objectives of the training are as follows:
- To assist provincial, district and commune staff involved in the management of procurement for Irish Aid-funded P135 projects to strengthen their existing procurement knowledge and practical skills, to ensure that they have sufficient capacity to perform of the full range of procurement duties.
- To provide follow-up on-site coaching to participants after the training, during the implementation of the procurement process, in order to ensure the procurement process is appropriately carried out.
This training will be provided for 1 year initially, following which a review of lessons learned will determine whether further training is required.
The training and coaching will take place over the course of 30-50 days in October-December 2019.
The estimated value of the contract is in the range of €25,000 to €40,000, exclusive of VAT, not including travel expenses which will be separately calculated. The trainers will be locally contracted.
Professional trainer(s) from an auditing firm, internal audit or procurement expert or financial management training firm meeting the following requirements:
- Internationally recognized Audit or Accountancy Qualification (CPA, ACCA etc.), Additional qualifications such as CIAs, bidding certificate are beneficial;
- Must have working experience in an auditor role and/or as a procurement specialist. Management experience is preferable;
- Trainers should have practical experience in successfully providing finance and audit training, including procurement, and coaching/mentoring both individually and in a team environment, or workshop setting;
- Excellent understanding of local government procurement procedures (at least 5 years' experience) and experience in procurement auditing;
- Experience with donor-funded projects and/or Embassies would be an advantage.
Tenderers must have an established presence in Vietnam and must confirm availability for the entire contract duration.
Submission of Tenders
The deadline for submission of tenders is 18:00 on 20 September, 2019. Please download the Terms of Reference for further details and for information on how to submit the tender application. For any queries please contact: email@example.com.