The Government of Ireland Scholarship programme 2021-2022
News19 August 2020
The Government of Ireland Scholarship programme 2021-2022 for candidates from Vietnam, under the Ireland Fellows Programme - Asia is now open for applications. The new Ireland Fellows Programme-Asia replaces the IDEAS Scholarship Programme that has been operating in Vietnam since 2009.
The Embassy is now calling for applications from Vietnamese nationals who wish to pursue Masters study at Irish higher education institutions in the following areas:
- Climate change and Resilience, Environment, Marine, Sustainable Development, GIS
- Development studies, Human rights, International Relations, Politics, Public Policy
- Food Science, Food Engineering and Food Industry
- Women’s Studies, Gender Studies, Equality Studies
- International Law, Human Rights Law, Business Law
- Sociology, Social Policy, Social Research and related
- Education Health, Medicine, Pharmacy, Biotechnology and related
- Engineering and Sustainable Technology
- Information Systems, Communications Technology, Digital Media
- Business, Economics, Project Management, Strategic Management, Leadership and related
- Tourism and hospitability
Scholarship awards cover: visa fee, international airfares, full tuition fees, public health insurance, monthly stipend to cover accommodation and subsistence costs and settling-in allowance. Scholarships are for individuals for full-time study of up 12 months duration for Masters programmes.
The application process consists of three stages:
Stage 1: Preliminary application: opens on 17 August 2020, closes 13 September 2020
Stage 2: Detailed application: opens on 28 September 2020, closes 18 October 2020
Stage 3: English language tests and interviews – November/December 2020
Final award: June 2021
The application form must be typed and submitted together with required documentation for Stage 1: Preliminary Application as set out in the guidance note by email to the Embassy of Ireland in Hanoi at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by deadline on 13 September 2020.
You can access the Directory of Eligible Courses and download the Application Form by following this link.
Follow our Facebook pages for more details: