Top Visa Questions
Answers to the following frequently asked questions will help you with preparing your application.
- What countries does your office take applications from?
- How do I apply for a visa?
- What documents do I need to supply with my application?
- What language is the application form available in?
- I will lodge an application now and send on the fee back-up, documents, etc. later. Can you start to process it in the meantime?
- I want to invite a person to Ireland to visit. Should I submit my own supporting documents directly to the visa office?
- May I apply for a Multiple Entry Visa?
- Do I need to apply in person?
- I want to apply for an Irish visa but I need my passport back as I have to travel abroad before my date of travel to Ireland. What can I do?
- Should I lodge the original travel passport with the Embassy?
- I am required to submit a letter from my employer or current place of study as part of my visa application, what format should this take?
- Will the documents I submit be returned to me?
- How much is the visa fee?
- How can I pay the visa fee?
- Is the visa fee refundable?
- How do I find out about the progress of my application?
- How long will it take me to get my visa, if granted?
- Who can collect a passport?
- My application was refused and I wish to appeal. How do I do this?
- My application was refused and I am not allowed to appeal. Why is this?
- When can I lodge a new application if my previous application was refused?
- I wish to send a large group of people to Ireland to a conference/sports events etc. What do I need to do?
- Is Ireland part of the Schengen group of countries?
- Can I travel to the UK on an Irish Visa?
- Can I travel to Ireland on an UK visa?
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 12:17:10 BST