News22 February 2022
- I have a Danish residence permit, do I need a visa to go to Ireland?
If you are a citizen of a visa required country, you will need a visa for Ireland even though you have a Danish residence permit.
- I have an Alien Passport or a Convention Passport from Denmark, do I need a visa to go to Ireland?
With the grey Alien Passport and the blue Convention Passport, you do need a visa.
- I have a transit at the airport in Dublin, do I need a visa?
This depends on your flight. Please, check with your airline.
In some cases, where your booking is two separate flights and you need to re-check your luggage, you will need a short stay visa as you will be going through security.
- I am a resident outside of Denmark, can I apply for a visa for Ireland at the Embassy of Ireland in Denmark?
No, you need to apply for your visa in your country of residence.
- How do I apply for a visa?
When applying for a visa, you must fill out the application form online and gather all needed supporting documentation. After you have done that, you need to contact the Embassy to make an appointment with a consular officer.
Find more information and application forms at the Irish immigration website.
- How long does it take to get a visa?
The amount of time you need to wait for a visa, depends on the type of visa you are applying for:
Short stay visas up to 8 weeks
Most work visas around 8 weeks
Atypical workers around 4 weeks
Study visas Up to 8 weeks
Join family visa around 6 months
Note that we can not begin processing your visa until we have received all necessary documentation.