St. Patrick's Day Celebrations 2020
News11 March 2020
St. Patrick’s Day 2020 in Spain
- Cabo Roig will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day on Sunday March 15 with their 10th anniversary parade. Entertainment and activities will get underway at 1pm with events, magic shows, face painting and children’s activities and the parade itself will start at 3pm. Activities will continue throughout the weekend until Tuesday March 17 with Irish dancers, singers and popular entertainers in many local venues. More details can be found here
- On Wednesday March 11 there will be a presentation on Ireland in the Escuela Oficial de Idiomas in Elda, at 8pm. On Saturday March 14 there will be St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in El Rancho Paso Aspe starting at 8pm, with traditional Irish music from "Cooldesac" performing, as well as tapas and some Irish line dancing. For more details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Friday March 13 at 9.30pm, St. Patrick’s Day celebrations will be kicking off at The Cottage, with performances from Boys of the Hills, Gerardi & Anderson & friends.
- On Saturday March 14 from 11.30 to 16.00, Boys of the Hills, Delorgan Deeptap Dance, the City of Barcelona Pipe Band and Olvido Lanza will be taking part in Barcelona’s St. Patrick’s Day Street Party in the Parc de l´Escorxador. More information can be found here
- The Mediterrania Escola will be organising a small St. Patrick’s Day Parade in the streets of Gràcia from 11.30 to 11.45 on Saturday March 14. Following that there will be a performance in the Centre Artesà Tradicionàrius from 12 to 13h and a Ceilidh from 13 to 13.30h. More information can be found here
- This year the Iomramh Cultural Association and Irish in Barcelona has taken the decision to cancel the 11th Mediterranean Currach Regatta.
- On Tuesday March 17 at 10pm there will be a special St. Patrick’s Day night in the Hard Rock Café with Nancy Whiskey Irish Band & Delorgan Deeptap Dance
- Irish music group Los Stompers will be performing at the George Payne Iris Bar on Tuesday March 17 from 7pm onwards. All are welcome along. More information here
- The Irish Basque Association LagunCara will be celebrating St. Patrick´s Day this year with a variety of events taking place in Bilbao and Portugalete. Please see their webpage for details on all the fun activities organised.
- In the town of Monachil St. Patrick’s Day celebrations will take place on Monday March 16 at 5.30pm, at the Plaza de la Casa de la Cultura. There will be traditional Irish music & dance, face painting for the kids and a parade for everyone to enjoy.
- The Eamonn Doyle photographic exhibition with the Fundación Mapfre will be at the Center Cultural Antiguo Instituto, from March 13 – May 24. More information can be found here
- The American Club of Madrid will be starting St. Patrick’s Day celebrations early on Tuesday March 10, in the Irish Rover, with their St. Patrick’s Day Happy Hour. More details can be found here
- The 2020 St. Patrick's Day SIBN Charity Ball on Friday March 13 at The Palace Hotel Madrid has been POSTPONED. More information can be found here
- The Madrid Harps GAA Invitational Tournament on Saturday March 14 has been CANCELLED. Music group Little Tombs will be playing in the James Joyce on Momcay March 16 from 7-9pm and on Tuesday March 17 Las Seisiúnistas will be playing and singing from 7pm onwards. Everyone is welcome along.
- El Arpa Media, in collaboration with Viajes Iverem and Irish theatre & film director & actor Denis Rafter, have organised an event on Saturday March 14 at the Artistic Metropol at 8pm. The evening will include a talk by Denis Rafter titled An Irish Actor’s Voice, followed by a short film and debate, Irish literature and storytelling and accompanied by Irish music. More details on the event can be found here
- Irish Treble & special guests will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this year on Sunday March 15 at 8pm in Sala Galileo Galilei. You can purchase tickets here
- On Sunday March 15 at 8pm, there will be a “Celtic evening” in the Teatro Real Carlos III, Aranjuez, with performances from Boys of the Hills, Gerardi & Anderson & friends. More information can be found here
- On Tuesday March 17 at 8pm, Boys of the Hills, Gerardi & Anderson & friends will bring you another “Celtic evening” in the Teatro Cofidís Alcázar. More information can be found here
- The Irish Rover Pub will start St. Patrick’s Day celebrations on Thursday March 12 and will continue until Sunday March 22. There will be lots of activities, from live music from groups like The Burning Shoes, The Colonials & Sunday Cover Sunday to a pub quiz to a fun workshop for children. For more information on dates and times of events, please see here. All events are free and everyone is welcome along.
- There will be a special St. Patrick’s Day Mass on Tuesday March 17 in the Church of San Patricio, in Huelin, at 11am. The Gregorian choir Sinesis will be singing at the mass. All are welcome to attend.
- Restaurante La Cocina De Mi Suegra will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day on Satruday March 14 and Sunday March 15, with menus featuring traditional Irish food and drink. There will be shamrock face painting for kids and music featuring a mix of Irish traditional and contemporary artists. For more information please see here
- In the city of Tortosa, St. Patrick’s Day activities will begin early with a St. Patrick’s Day Tapas Route on Thursday March 12. There will also be a parade and many other social events around the weekend. For more information please see their website here
- The Valencia Irish Cultural Association has cancelled the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations this year.
- On Friday March 13, Celtic Airs, a celtic music from Zaragoza, will be visiting primary school CEIP San Jorge to join a day of St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. And on Tuesday March 17 Chesús Yuste, known hibernophile and editor of the Innisfree1916 blog, will launch his book La memoria de la turba, a detective novel set in rural Ireland, at the Universidad de Zaragoza, sala Pilar Sinués in the Paraninfo, at 7.30pm. The event will also feature the musical performance of Celtic Airs.